No Lowell- this is the last of your "pie in da sky" posts I'll respond to- as you live in a "Tinker Bell" world in your Glenthorne Woods sector- I don't. I have the training and the weapons and know how and when to use them- some dude steals my chain saw and is running away from me- only a cop can get away with shooting the SOB in the ass- I can't- even with a CCW, and my Life membership in the NRA wouldn't mean JackShit in court- but you detailed a score card- what the *&^^ is wrong with you amigo- some druggy violently breaks down your locked door in the dead dark of night and you are gonna check him for his membership card in the Elks? Get real- and learn to survice in a hostile world- people are stealing gas at $4.00 a gallon, I live in a rural arg. area- thieves all over boasting copper pipe and romex for the market value- alum irrigation pipe too- real the handwriting on the wall-I went to the other thread and read the long post on survival from the dude in Argentina=- after the economic collapse in 2001 and some of his suggestions are very right- fresh water, gold for barter, ag areas where you can grow your own food- and in weapons- yes- always a CCW carry- a rifle- he likes the K98 Mauser and its clones because it is so durable-ditto the 1911A-1 and a .38 wheelgun (I use a Det. Snubbie" for an ankle carry gun) a generator, flaslights with extra batteries, Coleman lanterns and stoves-and dogs (best burgular alarm goin)- The Herb Clutter tragedy came from a "Loud mouthed" con telling one of the two perps a lie-he said he worked for Herb during the wheat harvest- was paid in cash-as were many farm hands back in the 1950's- and said Herb had $10K in cash in a wall safe in his study- not true-also true about the extreme rural areas and crime- more isolation gives the perps time to do strange and horrific things to their victims-that's why having neighborhood watch and "Burglars Beware" signs in residential areas helps- but it isn't 100%- Good luck- you'll need it RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..