I've used the SKB cases to travel pretty extensively, but one member here has related a story where a case cracked from impact. I've had a number of different types that I've traveled successfully with including a cheapo Doskosil and a Americase or two.

One or two members who said they travel extensively highly recommended the Kalispell type all aluminum construction.

Personally, I don't care for traveling with an Americase as they are HEAVY and I don't think the construction with pop rivets is all that strong relative to their weight. The cheapo's are on the other extreme in terms of weight and price but provide pretty good protection but for their latching mechanisms in most cases. Pelican cases are also heavy. I've never seen a broken one, but some claim they can be broken. I've traveled around the country on business with a couple moderate sized Pelican cases for airplane tooling with no problems. If an all aluminum construction is what you determine you need, the Haliburton cases are the lightest and probably the strongest due to their hydro-formed shapes and heat treating.