September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 191 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,929
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: DRM
I think it took this election for myself to suddenly realize that the vast majority of my fellow gun lovers are such one issue voters. I have seen so many posts on so many gun forum sites that even though the poster doesn't like McCain at all he would never vote for Obama or for a Democrat. Somehow it is just hard for me to see any difference whatsoever between this single minded gun view as it for me to understand a single minded anti-abortion view, anti-non-christian view, ant-gay view, et all. I wished it was more than just a single issue that drives voters to make a choice in any election.
Well DRM, I don't think I'm single minded, but a candidates' position on the second amendment is obviously very important to me. I figure that if they can't grasp the clear and simple meaning behind that, especially a few weeks after the Supreme Court clarified that meaning, then they will have difficulty with more complex issues. I had been horrified that if any Dumbocrat won this one that Biden could well have been our next Supreme Cout justice. Of course, he could still do great damage as V. p., especially if some wack-job were to assisinate Obama. Obama would then be a martyr and guns would be vilified forever. I sometimes wonder if there isn't some Wag the Dog scenerio being played out here by George Soros and the boys, as certainly Obama didn't get record campaign contributions from poor folks and college kids who can barely afford beer and gas money. And Biden was on Meet The Press more than Tim Russert over the past two years. Something stinks here, however so far I like McCains' pick for V. P. Can a woman who is more attractive and less corrupt and liberal than Hillary actually attract woman voters? So far my small informal poll says yes.

Last edited by keith; 08/29/08 09:15 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

First of all I cant really say to much on here about Sarah as I work for her.

I would second MP's feeings on her. She has done this state nothing but good.

There seems to be alot of armchair quarterbacks already.

Sarah's husband has a name and its Todd.
They have 5 children together. Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper and the youngest Paxton.
If you would like to learn more about her I suggest you look at the State of Alaska web site.
http://www.state.ak.us/

Todd and Sarah dabble in alot of things that Alaska has to offer, as many Alaskans do. Yes they do a little fishing amd they have a Super Cub on floats. Todd is a very sucessful snowmachine racer. http://www.irondog.org/

Todd works for British Petrolum as a plant operator at Prudhoe Bay.

I highly recomend Sarah.

Last edited by Bob Noble; 08/29/08 10:04 PM.

lefeverarms.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having been an Alaska resident for most of the 80's the only thing I can tell those of you that haven't lived there is this. Alaska is known as the last frontier and what this really means is it is still the home of free spirited, independent minded people we would all like to be. The women of Alaska are with-out a doubt some of the finest gals I've ever been around. Life up there is lived on a different set of rules and the women work side by side the men in every single occupation in the state.

In this case Shara Palin's husband is a commercial fisherman and she works right along side him on the boat. She hunts, fishes, is a strong gun rights leader and has taken on the good old boy network and succeeded in this free minded state of Alaska. Then between all this she's raising five kid's and one of them has problems.

I just watched first hand the Democrates gathering here in Denver. They want us to believe they are the ones that will protect the constitution. Well let me tell you. I saw the heavy handed police state this week where Americans exercising their rights to gather and protest our government were smothered by an Army of highly armed police officers. Many more than I saw while watching the Olympics in China. Denver was truly a police state this week. During all of this the Democrates kept saying how great it was to have this type of protection. If you listened to Obama's speech he said it plain. In the same breath he said he believes in the second amendment, but he also will take all the AK-47's off the street. So here comes the gun grabbing again. Remember the Clinton years!

The choice of Palin just made it a much easier decision. Lets see on one hand we have a ultra liberal, no experience, snake oil salesman, bi-racial male that only recognizes his black side,he's a gun grabber from the south side of Chicago with a true dyed in the wool liberal Washington insider running with him.

On the other hand we have a true American hero, that does what he thinks is right, stands by his word kind of guy, which is now running with a NRA life member, Conservation minded, hard working, Alaskan.

Not a hard choice in my book!

Boxlock
Boxlock

Being a Christian, former Marine, NRA member, One who was told that my wife was carrying a child with Down Syndrome (My son didn't have Down Syndrome, he's now 13 yoa), One whose faced tremendous odds, A former Mayor myself, I think IMHO that she is a great pick for McCain.

Dan Printz

"Semper Fi"
John 14:6 <((><
Sidelock
Sidelock

I couldn't agree more!!! Best to her..

Walter c. Snyder
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

Today must be a bad day to be Obama.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No matter who we choose, we lose. Sadly. Chopperjump

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yesterday morning I didn't know who Shara Palin was. I then read of McCain choosing her and I wondered what had he done? Then, I read of who and what she is. All I can say is WOW!

I didn't know that politicians with Palin's background still existed, male or female. I do however hope she is tough as nails inside because once the Dems start throwing crap at her she'll have to be. But then, I think inside that seeming soft exterior is the human equivilant of a "mama bear" who will take care of her family, state, political party, and if elected, her country. Maybe the USA has found our own Magaret Thatcher?

USMC Retired
RDD Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

well said MarkOue

[Linked Image from secureimg.stitcher.com]
Page 5 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.