September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (oskar, battle, 3 invisible), 351 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,939
Posts550,921
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don and Bob-

There seem to be a few more on the board just like him. Sad, really.

Cary

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you Don amd Cary

I think Greenpiece has a BBS for people like him.

If people were really interested in her they can go to the State of Alaska web site and read all about what she has done. Also if you do a search on that web site for pictures you will see some really nice pictures of Sarah and her famiy.

I saw Todd, (Sarahs husband) on the news the other day wearing suit. He sure didnt look very confortable. I dont think he wears very may.

I alsw read that Sarahs fater was beside his self becouse he had to go to the Republic Convention and it was going to mess up his moose hunt. Now he just dosent know what hes going to do for moose meat for the winter!

Bob

Last edited by Bob Noble; 08/31/08 01:28 PM.

lefeverarms.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

While I do think she is a superb VP choice, there is one important question remaining......

DOES SHE HUNT BIRDS WITH SxS or O/U ????

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob,

Don't let them get you down, Sarah Palin is an unknown to the majority of Americans. The folks who don't believe in the party she is with will look for dirt and the ones that like her will look for the good.

Good or bad Alaska now has the center stage and hopefully, elected or not, the nation will get a better idea about Alaska and such things as drilling in ANWR. On the negative side the State of Alaska is drowning in money while the rest of the nation is not. By the end of next week everyone in America will know that each person is Alaska will receive about $3200 next month and we have no state tax. So, are we going to have another rush to Alaska, I hope not. Most that come for the dividend end up on the dole.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jerry66stl
While I do think she is a superb VP choice, there is one important question remaining......

DOES SHE HUNT BIRDS WITH SxS or O/U ????

Jerry Goldstein
St. Louis, MO

Gee I don't know but good to see you here on the board Jerry, Welcome.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Received several E-mails from relatives and friends in Alaska and one thing is clear, she's got something about her that the people who know her really like.
She has an 85% approval rating, which includes quite a few liberals. Here's the most interesting thing: my brother in law and his girlfriend, both professionals, a geologist and a chemist, NPR listening, die-hard liberals .... but gun owners, quite like the woman. They don't like her social conservatism, "it's so prevalent in Alaska that we hardly notice it", but that is to be expected.
What they like is that she took out Frank Murkowski, cancelled his secret backroom deals, sold the Governor's private jet and told the oil companies to wait in line. They like that she is giving checks from the surplus to every Alaskan to help pay for the astronomically rising costs of heating oil. They see her as a down-to-earth, post-partisan problem solver. Others may as well.

Her western state appeal imo is an amalgam of clean government credentials, a libertarian streak, the myth of the frontier, a liberal dash of down home realism and of course sex appeal. That is a potent combination.

I watched this interview last year at the US Embassy in Beijing while waiting for an appointment. What a mad-house that place has being for the last couple of years.

http://www.charlierose.com/guests/sarah-palin

"Vegetarian: Native American word for bad hunter."

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank You Mike
It just seems like people become overnight experts. The lady has none nothing be good for me and I respect her.
Your tight about the PFD (for you non Alaskans..$3200)they will know all about it they will never hear that gas in Ninilchik is still $4.59.
Mike I saw little Piper on TV the other night just waving away...she is a cutie.
Jerry I dont know if she shoots a double or not....To tell you the truth there is not alot of bird hunting up here. But im sure she has been moose hunting.
Bob

lefeverarms.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd say the comparison between Sarah Palin and Dick Cheney, the consummate Washington insider, is more than a bit of a stretch!

Wasn't Dick Chaney a basketball player, no, wait, that was Don Chaney!

Cameron Hughes
Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I had never heard of her before she was nominated, but after looking at her picture I know everything there is to know about her. Now I have her picture on my coffee table next to Richard Nixon and Marge Schott...............Denny Crane

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, she is certainly more pleasing to look at and listen to than that old gas-bag Hillary. Both have a broom. Hillary to ride and Sarah to sweep out the dirt.

In all seriousness, I have not been this excited in a long time. The pro is that she appears to be a pretty tough gal when it comes to taking on unethical people and companies. Even within her own party. The question will be, can she stare down Putin and the other whack jobs in Iran, North Korea and elsewhere if need be. I think so. I think that this a great ticket for those of us who are fed up with elected officials who feel that we are here for them.

John McCain - Naval hero, and highly experienced Senator and Statesman. Truly a man of strong character.

Sarah Palin - Governor, Life member of the NRA, family oriented, gutsy and brutally honest. A true, Washington outsider.

Barack Obama - An inexperienced empty suit with a hidden, left-wing agenda.

Joe Biden - A career Washington insider in the purest sense.

How can this even be a contest???

Page 8 of 27 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.