Quote:
Burrard says: "If the mouth of the cartridge is compressed by being held by the chamber cone, the resistance to the initial movement of the shot charge will be greater and the pressure will be increased." What happens to the increased pressure? If you increase the pressure without changing anything else, won't you also increase velocity--which increases recoil?

This is totally out of context & a misapplication of any thing Burrard said on recoil. If you can prove otherwise cite Chapter & Page Please.
Quote:
If you're getting significantly increased recoil and blowing the ends off shells, you probably ought to stop

If I were blowing the ends off shells "I WOULD STOP Immediately" irregardless of whether it was accompanied by an increase in recoil or not. A condition causing the ends to be blown from an otherwise sound shell could very likely be a condition which could cause an increase in pressure generated. This might be, but would not automatically be, accompanied by an increase in the velocity. If it did not bring on an increase in velocity it likewise would not bring on increased recoil.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra