I know it's a bit OT, but there seems to be a lot of knowledge on this board when it comes to Model 12s. I picked up a Model 12 Skeet gun in 16 gauge this weekend. The gun looks just like a 12 gauge skeet gun I've seen, and the receiver is marked SKEET below the serial number on the bottom, and the receiver and barrel serial #'s match. The gun was for sale with a group of other guns I looked at, Rem. 1100's, a 760 rifle, some junker 22's and junker belgian hammer guns. This was the only gun that caught my interest, even though I'm a SxS guy. The gun has a solid rib, and a Cutts Compensator (which I know isn't great for the value) The other negative is that it's got a 13 1/2 LOP with a recoil pad, but the wood has nice figure and I can just through a slip-on pad on when I want to shoot it. The stock is solid with just light some finish wear, but no cracks or damage, and good checking. The blue is very nice, probably 95%. So, is this gun rare. I bought it just because it was a 16 gauge, which I love, and the price seemed good. I'm looking forward to getting out and shooting it, but Im also curious about what anyone can tell me about it. Thanks for any info. anyone can provide.