June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (LGF, OldMaineWoodsman, gunny, 2 invisible), 415 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,614
Posts547,006
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

For 25K I would expect the dolls head to fit the frame. Not look like it was beat into a hole five times the normal size. A lot of upgrade that was done by some one who did not seem able to produce a finished product that was any where near the original in quality. Just another nasty, over decorated tomato stake to my eyes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would expect a lot more features like sidelock action with intercepting sears and Southgate ejectors.
Hey, is that gold thingy on side of that box a dragonfly, parrot,...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is that the Czars' long lost Parker? Could be why the Bolsheviks killed him.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey fellas, I'm by no means a Parker expert like Mr. Muderlak-and I can't 'spalin why the serial number (about 1914-15) can't be found- but I went through it throughly- compared it to the two Meriden AHE 12's in my safe- with a magnifying glass- these are my "findings" as a layperson: No known barrel makers initials on the flats- such as JG or WK-? this is a no. 1 and 1/2 frame gun with a barrel weight of 4 lbs. 3 oz. prior to striking and finish assembly? I should think that would fit with a no. 2 frame (as are mine) no grade number stamp- 6 is a AH, 7 is a AAH and 8 is the A-1 Special. As there were three known Invincibles made (one is 16 gauge so rule that out) what number was used for the three Invincibles- 9 would seem logical to me. Looking into the milled out frame, where you access the top lever trip, what is all the "boogering" in that area? Looking at the bottom of the receiver foto- Engraved is Parker Bros ahead of the trigger plate- After Remington bought Parker and moved to Ilion, it is my understanding that they engraved PARKER in script in that area- were any known Meriden mfg. high grade Parkers engraved like this?? Also, the screws are "clock oriented" but the engraving is slightly different one from the other- and there is a big gap on the plate to frame fit on the left hand barrel side-the lower tang and trigger guard bow area show poor wood to metal fit up, and the top tang areas are even worse- also, the radius of the top lever doesn't match the milled and finished radius of the frame- then the doll's head- huge gap, and the rear corners are filed off- both my A grade guns have perfect fit there, and the doll's head is square, with the developed bevel from the top of that locking device down to the base which fits (perfectly) into the milled out mortise in the frame-I didn't see if there is the post 1910 12 & 1/2 degree tool steel bolt plate? My guess- older VHE or PHE with Damascus barrels re-done and a extra digit- being a 1- added in-to make it a 6 digit serial number. Who is this clown trying to kid. There are Parker Collectors (I am NOT one) who know more about Parkers than the Pope does the Rosary-does this numbnutted idiot think anyone who has a spare $25K in their cookie jar is going to buy any shotgun in that price range without having it checked and verified by an expert on Parkers- such as Mr. DelGrego. Just shows to go ya, I guess.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

A black Bakelite or plastic logo grip cap- from the BHE and up, I thought a gold grip cap was standard for the full style grip. I have an AHE 12 with the straight (English style) grip and a later one with the (POW- Prince of Wales- is that the dude that kissed off the Kingdom to marry an American divorcee-later became the Duke of Windsor??) half style grip- as I have seen mainly on the fine AH Fox guns..RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith, I can't stop laughing!!!! That is funny!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox, the dude says it is an upgrade, problem is it is not a quality upgrade.
Tim

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

parker invincible upgrade by the late virgil graham of savannah georgia. 12gauge double trigger gun 30 inch barrells full and extra full.skelton butt 3 gold inlays . lop 13 7/8 drop 2 3/8, need ffl and 100 dollars shipping and insurance.

The above is the sellers description and he isn't claiming this is an original Parker Invincible but an upgrade done by a V. Graham. I think the only real question here is what is it really worth?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I seem to recall the original? one housed at National Firearms Museum isn't very impressive either. Now that engraved Remi 31 in same exibit as the Purdey gun is spectacualr.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim told you guys that it is advertised as an "INVINCIBLE UPGRADE" done by the late Virgil Graham of Savannah, Georgia who I knew personally and who was cabable of magnificant work. Since we don't know the circumstances of why this particulat upgrade was done why not reserve our harsh comments until all the facts are known. It may help some of you to read the entire description before commenting. It may have belonged to someone's daddy or grand daddy who had used it and perhaps abused it. That someone may have wanted to just have it fixed up a little with a limited budget.

BTW Virgil accidentally asphixiated himself painting a Porsche with IMRON paint without proper ventilation. He will be missed!

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.