Thank you all for comments. Have emailed Holland&Holland to see if the gun is, in fact, an antique, completed in 1898 or before. Will follow up to buy a letter on it from them.

Expect that getting a 215 grain bullet to regulate at 2,000 fps will be the priority goal to be able to use the iron sights on gemsbok up to 125 or so yards. Believe I'll start with IMR4895 and be prepared to switch to IMR4350 (I've got both in the cabinet). Expect the case does not have the volume for IMR4831?? Yes, good idea, 400NE, will definitely start lower than posted minimums.

Norma .303 brass tempts me, but Remington also sells it and I found R-P .375 cases to be of sufficient quality.

Will order some RCBS X dies as I gather they actually work. Don't imagine that the double is as hard on brass as the military rifles are, to judge by a raft of chatroom postings. Will order a neck size die as well. Neck sizing worked well for the .350 Rigby No. 2. Is a Lee factory crimp die a sensible idea, or will it work the entire length of the case as it does in pistol brass, according to youtube "how to" postings? Never crimped the .350 No. 2 and never had any problems not doing so.

Woodleigh bullets work generally well, although I'm tempted by the .035-jacket .311 Hawk in 215 gr. NOTE: All of the bullets except Woodleigh (215 and 174 grain) are .311 instead of .312. Expect 174-180 gr. can be brought to regulate with the right powder. Also, using the 2/3 rule, 150 grain bullets should regulate with the same charge as the 215 bullet, but print a bit high. Can only find Hornady in that weight and not sure those would be good enough for deer/smaller antelope. Any views? Must say that with a 375 H&H double I generally used the 300 gr bullet for everything, but did take half a dozen gemsbok (meat hunting for the game farm) with a European 235 grain head that regulated very well.

Regards, Tim