Mr. Hallquist:

Yeah the lock is very similar to a Model 2 Sauer but the serial number is more like a Lindner/Charles Daly. I now see the screw that holds the firing pin in so it wouldn't have a screw in the standing breech and you confirmed this with a pic. I guess Robert Schlegelmilch because I have seen doubles with Ernst Schlegelmilch's name rolled stamped into the tubes which were carbon copies of Sauers with the 1882 Sauer registered trademark of a caveman and also the serial number was stamped on the left side of the rear lump. So evidently there was some connection between the Sauers and the Schlegelmilchs. Early on many, if not all, of the master gunsmiths made their own guns but they gained some wisdom and decided that the money was as a firearms merchant or retailer and purchased components or arms in the white from the cheapest source. I would guess Schilling but neither Fredrick or Charles Schilling would fit. Fredrick was listed in St. Louis but may have had a shop in Lancaster, Pennsylvania which would have allowed a very good contact/network back to the Schillins of Germany.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse