I have found the DGJ to be a model publication in presenting "everymans" view of his favorite or near favorite subject. When I visit other countries and friends there who I am shooting with, and subsequently give them a copy of DGJ, they are overwhelmed.

Doublegun fans may not necessarily be educated as writers, but they know how to express what they feel and like. I enjoy reading what they have to say, notwithstanding that it could have been written differently.

In my case when I subitted an article (which was published) to DGJ, I re-wrote it at least 5 times before I was satisfied with how it read. and it was published as I wrote it and the photographs printed as I submitted them.

I can appreciate how difficult it must be for Mr & Mrs. Cote to put together a journal of the quality of DGJ four times a years. One thing for certain is that they cannot please all their readers all the time. Some of their Journals I find really "zero" in on what I want to read, other times they do not. Errors are sometimes made and I think that it is less than prudent to make negative comments about the DGJ in a public forum like this. In the interest of helping DGJ become even better, such comments are (in my opinion) better and more wisely made one-to-one with DGJ.