For whatever this may/may not add to the discussion as regards the quality of written articles within the DGJ, it seems there is a purpose to Mr. Cote's madness. It seems he has intentionally elected to feature the work of non-professional writers; and although his authors may not be the most skilled at penmanship, they are always passionate and typically know their specific subject matter better than almost anyone else in their chosen field of research. This is the reason why the DGJ has for years been one of the most valuable tools available to double gun collectors and enthusiasts. And wheather you or I agree with Mr. Cote's approach or not, that one decision is what has made his publication so unique in my opinion. If, on the other hand, one seeks the work of one of today's "named", and more accomplished gun writers there are ample opportunities avaiable thru other publications. Personally I believe I've checked everything avaiable as regards vintage shotgun/shooting publications (and even subscribe to a couple), but they always disappoint someone like me who is disireous of more than just the basic stuff I've read and re-read dozens and dozens of times over the years. So whevever I want indepth information on a vintage make double and no book is available, the DGJ is always my resource of choice.

Last edited by topgun; 10/08/08 01:35 AM.