September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, Southern Sport, buckstix, JulesW, 2 invisible), 439 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,876
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: peter m.
Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Same here. My wife actually encourages me to buy them since she knows I don't usually lose money when I sell them.
Jim

Wilikers, that's pretty impressive.

BTW: This is my first and only wife and I guess this is part of the reason we've been together for 42 years.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I almost celibated myself with a gun once but fortunately only ventilated my trousers a bit . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wife just insisted I get my guns needed for the return to Alaska.Few more boxes of ammo and I'll be set for life.

Pete #121603 11/14/08 07:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I buy a new gun, my wife's lips get so thin that you can't get any lipstick on them..... But she never says anything...
Coupla' years ago, when I bought a collection of nine Belgium Supers for 13 grand, she had a small rubber baby..... But she'll get over it.............. Grant.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I b*tch at my wife for spending at Needlessmarkup and she has never complained about my guns. Maybe I am not the perfect hubby, but no that couldn't be...

Tim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't imagine a wife encouraging her husband to buy a gun. If my wife started now I'd worry that something was wrong. I can understand a woman acting that way with an angel for a husband. I'm just happy to have one willing to live with me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife is a good check on gun purchases.
She has a good eye for style and tends to like the guns I buy.
She's instigated and supported numerous firearms purchases.

If we could only choose every tendency of our spouses...

I'm doing pretty well with my family though, and admit my good fortune in this regard quite often.

--Tinker

Sidelock
Sidelock

I just take empty cases to gun shows. When I come home it's " No this is the one I took to the show honey". She really has no idea how many I have.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I can't imagine a wife encouraging her husband to buy a gun. If my wife started now I'd worry that something was wrong. I can understand a woman acting that way with an angel for a husband. I'm just happy to have one willing to live with me.

My wife was raised in a hunting/fishing oriented environment*. She's also an very active pistol shooter and belongs to two different womens shooting groups.
*Note to the younger/single posters here. Check you potential mates background BEFORE making a committment.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Top this: I went to work in an organization where several deer hunters work. I had never hunted deer. The first fall, one of the guys presented me with a couple of nice cuts of venison. My wife had never eaten it and it turned out she loved it. Next fall, more venison. So come Christmas, one of my presents from her was a 30-06 rifle (Browning A-bolt). The card read "Quit mooching, go get your own." And when I head to a gun show, she always asks if I have the checkbook. It doesn't get any better.

Of course, it's her way of dealing with her guilt for the purchases of expensive clothes. But do I care? She's gonna buy the clothes anyhow, so I may as well take advantage of it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.