About a year ago I bought a straight grip 4E NID minus its barrels. The story I got was some fellows were tearing down an old house and found these parts. The barrels were not found. I came here advertising for a set of NID ejector barrels. Friend Mel Christian offered up a set of extractor barrels. It turned out that these were all I could get. Mel graciously sent them to me and with my 'basket' in hand, off I went to visit gunsmith wizard, Gunter Pfrommer. Well, on my way home the other day from the frozen north, I stopped by his shop and picked up the gun. I thimk he did a wonderful job returning this once fine gun to the purpose it was originally created for. I plan on using it tomorrow at the SP range. One interesting feature is, since the ejector mechanism in the fore end works perfectly, the extractor ejects both shells even if only one shell is fired. Since I only load what I shoot, this is not in the least inconvenient. I am delighted in Gunter's resurrection. And a big thank you to Mel who made a major contribution to this project!

Last edited by Walter C. Snyder; 01/01/09 09:16 AM.