September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (KDGJ, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 549 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,924
Posts550,753
Members14,459
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

while we are all selling and buying and using our firearms, wonder if the economic slump has any noticeable effect yet on your favorite toys?

I have been watching gunbroker over the last year, and see no increase, or decrease, in the daily listings for merkels. seems its a full page plus 2-8 on the second page. wonder if anyone else follows such a Gunbroker-index?

always looking for that prewar merkel single shot or prewar Merkel drilling with something special....

Jameister
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm looking for a specific couple of mundane, pre-owned hunting guns, and I have noticed that the sellers on the auction sites don't seem to recognize that things have slowed down. Lots and lots of listings are closing with zero bids, apparently because the opening bid is set too high.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seeing same as Replacement -- lots of way overpriced guns that get no bids at all. Many are NIB and seller may have more money in the gun than it will sell for currently. Been seeing almost NIB guns selling for about 1/2 current list price for new.

Niklas

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose it depends if the seller wants to sell something. There are couple of better quality consignment pieces at local shop 28ga Merkel BLE with bunnies on the frame for $6500 and Franchi 'Condor' SLE at $9500. These are basically permanent display guns and that's what happens when the seller sets the asking price.
Couple of decent quality "Winchesters" in excellent condition did find new holmes. One 12ga Mod. 23XTR for $1400 and 20ga for $1750. Nope, those were not consignment guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A local gun shop had a Del Grego restored Parker DHE on display for a year or two. They recently lowered the price by 32% and I took her home with me!

USMC Retired
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yep, I'm waiting for the price on that coin engraved Luigi to go down so I can take it home. Oh it's been about 6 months since some full of hope bright eyed gent brought it in, so I expect the price do dip in not so distant future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been following the Beretta shotguns and have seen no real change in the asking prices. The bulk of the older SxS and O/Us close without a bid. Those selling under a thousand seem to have better luck selling when they don't have a reserve. I can only hope the New Year will bring a change to those relisted for months.
Best,
Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

i have been an ffl dealer for 20 years, specializing in antique and collectible firearms. items sold in 2008 for somewhat less than 2007. prices peaked in 2006 and most have been either flat or going down since then. however, good colts and winchesters continue to go up and up. ed

Last edited by ed1; 01/01/09 07:09 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am finding that there are no significant reductions in the retail trade.Sighting the strength of the Euro against everything else and the fact that many components for the gun industry come from Europe.
But Joe Public is beginning to feel the pinch and there are a few bargains available for cash.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The upcoming Las Vegas Antique Arms show will be very telling. Attendance and sales are sure to be way down. I think the retail gun stores and internet dealers are very reluctant to reduce prices on inventory they have paid for before The Great Recession. My thinking is that they'll either lower prices or they'll not sell much if any.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.