September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (playing hooky, 375whelenIMP, SKB, azgreg, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 284 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,935
Posts550,902
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have to agree with the Parkers (and Lugers Walthers as well as other unmessed with pre war/war time guns) for investment but NOT the S&P !

To answer your gold vs stocks question gold has way outperformed stocks (180% vs 16.7% since 1999).
http://news.goldseek.com/EuroCapital/1129298400.php
The market IMO,as well as many others will retest the lows and maybe,if we are lucky trade flat for the year.This is NOT a market for investors and selling into any ralley will be the prudent move.
Buy and hold is a fast way to lose money in this market.If you trade,and can hedge(write calls,sell puts) you might do ok.Commodities same,you can do them with ETF's and hedge as well.
I have a few MLP(like ETP, KPM and adding to LINE) that are keeping me from working for a living and the distributions are not taxed as high as those dividends (The great messiah will be letting that tax cut expire)

Otherwise money is safer in bank of sealy!

Last edited by Dave K; 01/03/09 07:30 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
There is a bright spot to all this!
When the Beamer crowd becomes the new down and out, you'll pick up a bargain when the rent comes due.

If you were to take all the money and 'distribute' it evenly, eventually the people that have the smarts will find a way to get it back. I don't own a "Beamer" but have seen some pretty smart people that did. Don't underestimate their abilities.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In the Winter edition of the DGJ James Julia reports 20% higher prices than the low estimate for the last year's auctions. They sold guns in value of 12.7 mil,apparently the highest sum ever realised at a gun auction. While the economy and finances were failing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The string of high end car auctions(Barrett Jackson etc.) is set to kick off here over the next Month. I think the results will be a good indication as to whether "investment goods" spending is really at an end.
At the last Crossroads show here in December ammo and black guns were flying out the door in anticipation of a repressive administration. However; Not much else was selling.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have seen a little improvement in prices but a great improvement in quality for the money. I just bought a NIB unfired Remington 1 of 1,000 and a NIB unfired, 3" Mag version of the 3200 for less than 2,500 total. Two different sellers in two different states. A year ago I would have been lucky to find the 1 of a 1000 for that price.

I have seen ejector Sterlingworths selling for what extractor gun sold for two years ago. So you are getting more value for the buck if you look around. No drastic roll back of gun prices. Just a better gun for the money. Same can be said for a little higher condition gun on the market today compared to two years ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, Lowell is a jerk- but for my New Year's resolution (which I have smashed to flinders by Groundhog's Day) I decided to try to find something nice to say about his acerbic posties here, and son-of-a-gun- dee ol' debil be's in de dee-tails- as "Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out" (my all time favorite Blues Song) was written by a black Chicago blesman Jimmie Cox in 1923- Prohibition Dayz-- best version of that classic was sung by Bessie Smith, IMO- but Limey guitar god Clapton did an OK cover of it on his "Unplugged" acoustic CD-

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox - you need to find a talent show for beginners!
Perhaps you could open the show with a study or two from Mel Bay's first book?

Sidelock
Sidelock

rwtf, at least with lowell one can figure out what the hell he's talking about. you'd do as well to just type letters at random. law of averages, that'd generate an intelligible sentence fragment eventually.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Ole' Foxie could win some $$$ on the show Jeopardy?

Sidelock
Sidelock

"while we are all selling and buying and using our firearms, wonder if the economic slump has any noticeable effect yet on your favorite toys?"

Yes.......But Obama's "special economic stimulus package for gun dealers," has negated any detrimental effect........ Grant.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.