Hello all! I'm new to this forum.

I'm a long bow and shotgun hunter who has never owned a rifle, but am looking to increase my hunting options. I thought that my first "rifle" should be a drilling (their versatility and design has really captured my interest).

Problem is that I know very little about how to go about getting one (I understand that nearly all makers are European with Germany being a major center), price range, new or used, makers, etc?

This is what I'm thinking about based on my very limited knowledge:

- a 12 x 12 gauge shotgun on top for both shot and slugs. Hope to have removable chokes with the option of using rifled chokes with Brenneke slugs for close-up dangerous game. Ideally, barrels would be regulated both for shot and for slugs to converge at say 50-70 meters.

- a 30-06 rifle barrel beneath (mostly for vesatility and easy access to ammo).

- a .223 Remington insert for one of the shotgun barrels (long range small game) with an adapter for a .22 LR (quail and plinking).

- short barrel length of around 20-22 inches for easy of movement and carry.

- scope mount (any ideas?) and a scope (any ideas?)

- this first one will definately be a "user" in the field. So ornamentation, fancy engraving, nor fancy stocks (unless to hold inserts and adapters) are really necessary.

I would be grateful for any and all advice/wisdom which anyone might be able to offer. Am I headed in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!