September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (J Scott McCash, SKB), 204 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,935
Posts550,892
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the info Mr. Mike however, when it comes to Ed1/Ed Good I fear you are addressing a closed mine. As you can easily imagine, this is a quicky/cheap process he promotes geared to fooling the less educated into parting with their bucks.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
the old torch and tincture of benzene process

Mike, do you mean tincture of benzene or benzoin? Just curious. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

thanks for the free advertising my rodent friends...have had a nice little surge of business on gunbroker and gunsamerica recently...hopefully, some of it is due to the free promotion you guys have provided me. keep it up...best regards, ed1

Last edited by ed good; 01/13/09 01:38 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PA24
It's the same Jackel....he uses Ed1 on GunBroker and Ed Good on Guns America...he explains it in the old threads......

Now he's signed up as Ed Good as well...so he's having fun with it...seeing who he can fool.....read the old posts on page five or six......it will answer your own questions....!!

"TIGERS DON'T CHANGE THEIR STRIPES" !!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike:

Pure rainwater for quench, the more O2 bubbling from the bottom of the tank, the better the colors, straws and reds are the hardest, each cc is a snowflake-no two the same....1335 for temp...1350 F max, charcoal-bone mix differs by shop (also various additives to the quench water)....and so on......I use my own tried and true process but...Brownell's sells the whole outfit, including the furnace if anyone wants to start up....

But like Ken said, you are relating information on very deaf ears.......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

PA24 AND MR KEN: I AM BEGINNING TO THINK YOU TWO GUYS HAVE A VESTED INTEREST IN ALL THIS? KEN, DO YOU SOFTEN UP RECEIVERS SO YOU CAN RUN YOUR SCRATCH TOOLS EASILY? AND THEN DO YOU SEND THEM ON TO YOUR RODENT FRIEND FOR A BURN HARDENING JOB? ED1

Last edited by ed good; 01/13/09 01:44 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

.....he uses Ed1 on GunBroker and Ed Good on Guns America.....

QUESTION: WHAT IS THE ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF BULGOYOVICH?

ANSWER: KENNEDY....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed1/Ed Good ---- All prior color cased frames/action shells are annealed by a pro. heat treat shop before engraving/scratching. The proper nomenclature for these tools is graver and chisel in the event you are ever in a position where you might like to use the correct terms. The owner of the color case hardening firm happens to be a real human being and he color cases the required parts, lowers the temp in the furnace via earlier programing of controlls ( this is a modern process compaired approved by industry to heating steel randomly with torch), Incidently, isn't applying a torch to a part also burning the metal too or, doesn't Ed's torch burn ? Also, does the fact that the co./gentleman who does my work automaticly become a rodent because he uses the prefered process by the readers of this board ? Do you know this gentleman -- I ask this and he doesn't personally know you except by your reputation of sorts. Incidently, he made no infantile comments about you such as name calling ---- why do you feel the need to verbally abuse a man you don't even know ? Further, when I asked the bbs members who would use your services, did you notice no body replied --- is any of this getting thru to you ?

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
Sidelock
Sidelock

Replacement…Yes I meant to say Tincture of benzoin, good catch, fairly well known but poor method

PA24:

Thanks for the info, I’ve been doing CCH here in the shop for a few years now, as to the Brownells instructions … as always proceed with caution.

So Ken, what you're saying is that you prefer to do it the "Right" way.

Mike Hunter
Hunter Restorations

Last edited by Mike Hunter; 01/13/09 03:03 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

mr. ken: sounds like you are confirming that you and pa24 are in bed together, so to speak. now this is beginning to make sense... all of these attacks against me and ed lander's case coloring work is really an effort to discourage and disparage your competition...tisk tisk...bad form....as for your partner pa24 and his admitted rodent like behavior, suggest you communicate with him about that. you guys are really low life....ed1

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.