Rifling set up for sabots. I did not ask about chamber legnth but I should have. From what I know sabots shoot better out of a size spicific chamber.

As for usefulness.............. Like a lot of other things, you can bust clays and birds and whatever perfectly well with a inexpensive pump shotgun but lots of folks want a nice double. Same here I'd say. And there is a market, how big is the question.

In fact I personally am awaiting delivery, should be in the next 10 days to 2 weeks, of a rifled 20 ga double built on a converted 16 ga FN sidelock action. Perfect arm for the wild hogs we hunt in the thick woods, swamps and palmettos here in NE Florida. I think plenty of other applications around.

And for what it is worth, with a NEW action that is as strong as the RBL is, and with the ability to self regulate( UGLY though it is!)and with access to Brass shotgun shells and a reloader I see no reason not to expect that some VERY stout stuff can be run down the bore of the CSMC 20 ga. Of course the lack of a recoil pad will come back to haunt you: and you will pay for the nice light weight..........!