I had to see what all the fuss was about, so I looked at this gun on GunsInternational.com, and I can see your attraction to this gun. However, and you did ask for our "opinions please", this ain't your classic grouse and woodcock in close cover gun. Beyond the chokes that you feel would vaporize a bird, this gun has long 30" tubes, a fair amount of drop, and weighs 7lb. 14oz. I think most of the guys here feel you are considering taking a fairly high condition classic and altering it's original condition. It's true that once you plunk down your money, you can do as you please. But many of us prefer to preserve and conserve these to the greatest extent possible. I would feel the same about someone who would street-rod a high condition original Model A Ford. This includes "merely" opening the chokes which will leave you with a long barreled, heavy, open choked gun with a lot of drop. Still not a grouse gun. My opinion, and you did ask for our opinions, is to buy this one for ducks, and buy another original American classic that is already light and handy, and open choked in it's original configuration. Or buy one in poor condition that will never be very collectible, and chop, hone, restock, and refinish to your hearts content. You yourself said "preserving the gun is paramount". Well, that means leaving it as it left the factory... even the chokes. See, I can read and understand English. Now have a Bourbon and get a whiff of that cold Wisconsin air and come to your senses.

Last edited by keith; 01/20/09 08:50 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.