September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Argo44, LeFusil, 3 invisible), 236 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,931
Posts550,844
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: oldman1949
"As to the weight/recoil reduction aspect - if you bothered to fit the gun properly recoil would be a non-issue for most people. As I mentioned in the past, I know more than one woman who has no problem with pigeon loads in a gun much lighter than the average trap gun"

That could very well be true , but how many of those pigeon loads do they shoot in a day ? Let them shoot 300 pigeon loads in properly fitted gun that weighs 6 1/2 pounds tomorrow and then shoot 300 pigeon loads in a properly fitted gun that weighs 8 1/2 pounds the following day . Then ask them which gun had less felt recoil at the end of the day .

There are millions of trapshooters out there who shoot very heavy guns, most of which are likely properly fitted. They still spend many millions of dollars on devices they hope will reduce recoil. The idea that proper fitting will make recoil a "non-issue" is utter nonsense. While it "might" help, it won't change the physics involved. Gun weight, ejecta weight and velocity. Those are the most significant factors.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

My gun has been fitted to me. I have no problems with recoil during normal hunting situations but during trap shooting I do. That is why I bought the weighted handgaurd which works nicely for that purpose. I also shoot a gun with shorter barrels and a little weight helps my swing through better. I am not going to argue my point no further as this system works for me. The hand gaurd is well made and I hope others who are looking for an item like this take a look at it. As for Wonko what works for you works for you and what works for me works for me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.