Thanks for all the input I think I learned a lot. It became evident early on that other folks see a different rifle than I do. Not good or bad just an observation on my part. As soon as I saw pictures of this rifle I have a way (imagination run wild) to picture the original owner and some things about him. I think that must have been the fastest I’ve ever traced down an owner. Not sure how much further I’ll take it on the owner except to look into his shooting and hunting if possible.

I‘ve never heard that the barrel would unscrew with left hand rifling, did the P-14 have left hand rifling?

The bolt appeared at first to have been nickel or chrome plated but was just polished to a mirror finish.

The only unanswered question I have at this time is what to do about that aluminum buttplate. The Pacific buttplate was fitted much later with the other modifications and I dislike it. I will say whoever did the work did a good job and it fits nicely. I see two choices, one install a period Silvers pad or possibly have the buttplate anodized a dark blue-black. I know nothing about anodizing, anyone done this?

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014