Rem and 400NE,

Yes, you look through the peep and sight just as you would ordinarily with irons: bead all the way down to the bottom of the vee of the backsight. Key is that the peep ensures that only the most central rays of light strike your lens, and those are the rays that your old eyes focus best. Try the test by scrunching your hand down to leave a small aperture and look through it at some text -- you'll find the text becomes clear enough to read.

On earlier shipping point, I bought the rifle here in the states, trade for my Gibbs-made .350 Rigby No. 2 and cash. Saw two such .303 Brit doubles in recent British auctions. Don't know what they sold for. I've imported from the UK and did not find the shipping costs extravagant, but unless they are 1898 or before, you must have an FFL to import using ATF Form 6. I used Glenn Baker at Woodcock Hill.

JJ used 30 rounds to regulate, but only because I asked him to try a half dozen at 100 yards as part of my puzzlement over why the brass seemed to be stretching. I'll look forward to his figuring out why the right barrel primers back out a tad (15 thou or so with my RP unfired brass). No, he did not need to reblack the barrels.

Doubles are a joy and, while I've had to delay a trip back to Namibia from August to the beginning of hot weather in October, I plan to wring this double out and even to figure out which of the South African powders works best with it (I'll take my Lee Loader or maybe a set or dies for the game farmer owner's RCBS press).

Regards, Tim