Ok. I am having some problems here. I can't get a pad to really look good on my shotgun. It (a Miroku Model 500) had a curved stock and I wanted to put a KICKEEZ pad on it for now and then later put a leather cover on it. I have had a little problem in the past because the stock would not fit perfectly when I held it up to the light, but the leather would fill the small gap between the stock and the pad. But today, I can't get it to look right. I can't get the gap out from between them. I have used a piece of sandpaper on a wooden block but that doesn't get them perfectly straight and leaves a gap in the middle when I hold it up to the light. I put two dowel rods in the old screw holes in order to drill new holes, and they seem to be harder than the stock and it seems to be sticking out in that area. A file doesn't work much better. I also have a Ryobi vertical belt sander that works good, but the stock teeters and it ends up being crooked. Now, there is a small gap between them on both side and it looks kind of messy. What's the secret? How do I get them on the gun perfectly? A little help would be appreciated. Thanks.