Sounds like a fine gun Jim. Here's a strange one-Fox wise- a hunting/shooting pal for many years, now a retired Probate Judge, bought from an estate a Fox 12 BE with Krupp barrels-DT,AE fine gun- a tad heavy, but here's the strange thing-at least to me- the barrels measure an even 29.50"- dead nuts-not 30"- no sign of them ever being cut- no "tell-tale" hacksaw teeth marks in the solder, or ribs- and it checks out IMP. Mod. right and Full left with my choke gauge and my chamber depth gauge reads 2.880"- and it patterns tightly, shoots to POA on pattern sheets with about 60-65% of the known pellet count above the barrels (when fired like a rifle at a center aiming point) and will pattern evenly with both 1.125 oz and 1.250 oz. loads of lead: 4-5-6 and with 7.5 Champion paper Trap loads, patterns almost as tightly as the big 12 HE I once owned, shot with the same exact load-Yet my former HE was made aprox. 1926-27 and had Chromox Steel barrels, not Krupp--The only minor flaw I have ever read about the Fox guns was the very minor point about not having rebounding hammers- no big deal.. By the way- a Probate Judge or a lawyer specializing in probate and estate settlements is the best source for buying good guns privately-IMO

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..