Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Mike I'm sure with a heap of money your Scott will be a very nice gun....but no amount of money will ever make it as nice as the gun at Cabelas. Even if you could find a skeleton steel butt plate it would still come up short.

As long as your happy I guess that's all that matters....sometimes it's just a better to punt than to run.

PS..I'd apreachiate it if you would keep the personal attacks to yourself...remember these are just guns we are talking about.

Whatever you say. You use innuendo to question other peoples choices and decisions while passing it off as discussing guns. You then pretend to be offended when you are called on it.

If you haven't been paying attention, I never claimed that my gun or any gun had the condition of the Cabela's gun. I posted pictures comparing two guns, to show the similiarity of them.

No amount of money will ever give the Scott at Cabela's the life mine has lived. Someone thought highly enough of it to have additional barrels fitted by one of the best gunmakers in the world. Other owners used it as intended, thus earning it's lowered condition. With the help of people on this forum I have been researching the history of this gun since 1998. Maybe I should have just purchased a closet queen.

Additionally, while it is likely that the gun left Birmingham with a skeleton buttplate, not every Premier did so and to keep throwing that around as some badge of honor displays a lack of knowledge concerning these guns.

As to the 20ga Premier that had been pictured in this thread, as all Premier's it is clearly marked as such, but I guess that is not enough clarity for you. Just because it doesn't look like one to you doesn't change the actual model of the gun.

I miss the days of Russ Ruppel, Oscar Gaddy and Bill Wise. jOe and Lowell are poor replacements.

Mike