Quote:
IF you shoot straight

This is of course applicable to any gauge. If both are equally choked the differense is "NOT" in pattern diameter, but pattern density. Within it's patttern density limit thus a 28 is no harder to hit with than any other gauge. Where the difference comes in is when shooting at longer ranges requires a tighter choke than would normally be used for the larger gauge. Comparing 1oz with 3/4oz "All" other things being equal the 1oz load has about a 15% range advantage over the 3/4oz load or about that % more open choke. Thus it might take a mod 28ga to "reach out" equally to an I/C 20ga. Not really enough to seperate the "Elite" & fantastic shooters from the "Slobs". What turns so many off is those who try to turn their choice of a gun into some kind of Great Status symble for "Themselves" & make themselves appear so much greater than the "Average Bear".
As to the 21, it's another double, some like it, some don't. "All" of us who don't "Are Not" jealous of those who do. I actually do like my Lefever better & have no secret desire for a 21. But again the attitude of many 21 owners turn me off far more than the gun itself.

Last edited by 2-piper; 12/13/06 09:24 AM.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra