Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I concur with the Filson but this year I am trying the Barbour G4 Sports Glove and so far I am in favor of those. But I'm curious as to how long they will last.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

i use couple pairs of "power tool" gloves bought at black & decker outlet in williamsburg va for $12/pair. they have goat skin palms and breathable mesh tops.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have used for years any of the better quality baseball batting gloves, Wilson, Rawlins, Mizuno, Nike etc.....sold in various colors and in pairs only.....have much better feel and construction and leather......better ventilation....and super prices....especially on EBay........the fit is so exceptional, that you can pick up loose change from concrete surfaces.......being an ex-fighter pilot, I've also used Nomex-goatskin Navy issue pilot gloves which have the same excellent above mentioned qualities plus fireproof...but not as easy to find..and pricey for the general public when you do find them......i.e., pilot shops etc.....

Good Luck,

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many many years ago I purchased a pair of Browning very thin leather shooting gloves. The back had a gathered elastic so you just pulled them on and did not need to fool with a velcro flap or anything else. Very very sensitive and lasted. Well, I finally wore them out a few years ago and looked around for replacement. Turns out that Bob Allen is making the same glove in two models. One is exactly like the original Browning and the other has thin insulation for colder weather. Purchased both types from Gamaliel http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=4812&cat=1508&page=1 and couldn't be happier. I haven't tried the Gripswell gloves but didn't feel the need for a swelled palm or any thing else, just a real sensitive glove. -Dick

Last edited by Dick_dup1; 06/29/09 08:21 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only problem with batting gloves is that they usually come in singles, not pairs. The Nike golf gloves, to which I referred, come in black--which I like, because they don't show stains from blood when you're hunting. And they don't really look like typical golf gloves either. You do have the Nike "swoosh" on the Velcro fastener, but that's about it. Both inexpensive and durable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dick_dup1
. I haven't tried the Gripswell gloves but didn't feel the need for a swelled palm or any thing else, just a real sensitive glove. -Dick

Not that you are, but remember the old saying "don't knock it until you've tried it". Believe me , they are sensitive.

Ole Cowboy
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always shoot with gloves, mostly now at clays, and have for since I began shooting. I first started with unpadded handball gloves which work very well but I didn't care for the velcro wrap around strap. I found that baseball gloves have a similar feel, provide excellent mobility and they can be found very inexpensively at the end of the baseball season (which is close to the opening of hunting season). In addition to these gloves, I have also used thin deerskin work gloves which fit very well but don't move quite as well as the baseball gloves - but are probably much more rugged.
Z

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.