I have my good days afield Treblig, and some fair days, but to paraphrase a bumper sticker- a bad day shootin' sure beats a good day at work- of course I am retired. Where are you in the Keystone State, if I may ask? We visited Gettysburg in mid-June, and then Mae and I left for Valley Forge-last time I was there was in Boy Scouts Jamboree about 1954- one of my sisters lives in nearby Devon- on Swedesford Rd. which winds like a ruptured snake around part of the Park complex- beautiful country indeed.

After Valley Forge we headed for Wilmington DE, another sister and my nephews (all working for AIG- American International Greed or J.P. Morgan Chase), then down through Dover to take in the AFB and the USAF Airshow-loved the Thunderbirds 5 man show, even better the WW11 aircraft and simulated dogfights-loved that P-51 Mustang.

Then down to Ocean City MD (White Marlin Capital of the USA) and another sister, a short trip over to Crisfield and the Ward brothers decoys I can't afford, then to Williamsburg, then Richmond, Quantico, and back through MD (like Lee in late June 1963- if only he knew) and outside Pittsburg for our last stay before home. learned that my favorite USA brews, Leinie and Pabst, aren't the oldest- Yeunlang(?) I call it Ying-Yang, Pottstown (near Valley Forge area) 1839. Had several of that brand's Black and Tans- as good a Guiness, and that's saying a lot. Never have yet tried scrapple-try to go easy on the fried foods- but there sure is a lot to like in PA- do you guys have a legal dove season? Heard you can shoot box birds too-maybe private clubs, hope the PETA idiots don't mess that up.

You ever find yourself in MI you give me a shout, and if the season is on, I'll treat you to a shoot at one of the two clubs I frequent- Tower birds-I love to shoot Tower released birds-if not, then some "flying &^%$wagons" on one of my many area dairy farms- I might even have an extra shotgun in case you need one.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..