These loads would be made up of paper hulls, and nitro card and fiber or felt filler wads, of course.

Alcan powders were the basis of some really fine loads. It is too bad that they are no longer available. (Nobel, are you listening?)

I suspect that the old Alcan 220 "Maxfire" primers' brisance levels were pretty close to those of modern-day Fiocchi 616 primers; the "Maxfires" having been a Fiocchi product.

Reproductions of the Alcan "Airwedge" OP wads are currently being offered by Ballistic Products. In the immortal words of Martha Stewart, "It is a good thing".

I have always been impressed by Alcan's "Feltan Bluestreak" lubricated felt filler wads. They were good wads at a reasonable price. Today's felt filler wads tend to be relatively expensive. I wonder whether "workaday" felt filler wads could be made, today, that would be as useful and relatively inexpensive as the old "Bluestreaks".

An Alcan component that I wish that someone would bring back was the "Qick-sert" [spelling?]shot bandage. This was a strip of plastic that could be inserted into a load using a conventional wad seater. These little beauties really simplified shot protection when they were inserted on top of "stacked" wad columns.