Just a cross reference to relate to this thread: http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...e=0&fpart=8 with info on Featherweights by Ken:

"Sometimes it only takes one small piece of new information to enable a whole lot of old research to fall into place. That new piece of information came to me recently in the form of a photo of an original factory hang tag attached to a featherweight Prussian Charles Daly hammerless gun. As a bonus, the featherweight Daly in question was an especially beautiful and minty example of a Lindner-made Daly.

Featherweight Dalys have always been a source of frustration in my research of Prussian Charles Daly guns. While there have been almost a dozen featherweight guns recorded in the Prussian Daly database, the 1894 Schoverling, Daly, and Gales (SD&G) catalog is the last catalog that I’ve found that specifically lists a separate featherweight model. There is no mention of a featherweight model in the 1899 SD&G catalog, nor in any of the dozen or so later SD&G catalogs that I own. Yet I have personally handled many featherweight Dalys that were produced well beyond that 1894 catalog date, twenty years later in some instances. In addition to their obvious light weight - 5.5 to 6.25 lbs 12 gauge guns are typical – the featherweight Dalys are identified as “featherweight” guns right on the rib."

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse