Sharpsrifle - Thanks for sticking up for my wife. A public school teacher for 20 years. And yes, she probably puts in 12 hours a day and 10-12 hours on weekends from mid-august to Mid June.

My opinion of parochial schools is a little different. They don't always get the best teachers because of their low pay. They also don't have to take the disabled, mentally handicapped or behavior problems so they leave the difficult but everybit as deserving of an education child to the public schools.

As far as the 12 g O/U, look at the Franchi SP or SX. It's in the price range you are looking for although it has the pistol grip. It has the Schnabel forend. The Franchi SP Veloce has the POW grip but it only comes in a 20 gauge. These Franchi have the best wood I have seen for the money. The SP and SX were recently replaced by a newer model but they are still available if you look. Very nice guns for the money.

The Rizzini and Guerini will be above your price limit unless you save a little longer or buy a rather used one.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold