September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (ksauers1, ratt, Ken57, jlb, fullandfuller, 1 invisible), 280 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,892
Posts550,537
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't forget the country's economy, Jim. Blazing hot. They're the comers in our hemisphere.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suspect that the 'smith was just trying "to keep abreast of the times"! (Note: There will be NO "breech face" jokes coming from this source!)

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's an interesting place King: However the difference between the haves and have nots is stark. I wasn't joking about the MP5 above as I have a friend who actually drives with one on his car having ended up in a gang crossfire on more than one occasion.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Jim,
Excepting the meat part, you could have just described Colombia, as well. The note I'll add is blue eyes are NOT in abundance, and noticed everywhere you go. Didn't do the rum, but, there is a local Sangria that is a buck or two a bottle, and the "Costena" beer, brewed in Bogota is very good.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted:
I've not beem to Columbia but I'll take your word for it. The Brazilian rum is called Cachaca. This is used extensively in Brazils national drink called a Caipirinha which is similiar in taste to our Mint Julep.
The statement I made about the mosquitos is also factual. When we boarded an Airbus 320 in Sau Paulo for our flight back it was full of them.
I also have a friend in Rio who in fact carries am MP5 in his car between the front seats.
Have you even done any hunting there?
Jim

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

No. I stuck out like a sore thumb in Bogota, couldn't wait to kiss the ground at Mpls-St. Paul international when I got home. The hunting seems to be confined to government forces and the FARC, looking for each other, and most locals avoid the countryside, from what I could see. Civilians aren't permitted weapons of any sort, which, leaves them vulnerable to whatever. The first time the UPS man knocked on the door here at my home, my wife hid-a man at the door in a brown uniform was not a good thing in her world.
The mosquitos on planes thing happens here, by the way-I was on a flight that was delayed in New Orleans, where the flight crew opend the doors as we sat on the tarmac-the plane filled with 'skeeters in about 5 minutes.
It's "Colombia", by the way. Bogota is the shortened name of Santa Fe de Bogota. If you aren't fluent in Spanish, don't go alone as a tourist. You will be a victim. You might be, anyway, even if you are fluent.
Best,
Ted

JM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

After looking at that pic, I'll never look at my Stephen Grant in the same way ever again!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ok, Ted just for the record how/where did you meet your Latina.

There were parts of back country Wash D.C. that had one thinking about MP5s when I lived in the district. Back before the FARC thing exploded a lot of US dove shooters used to go to Columbia shooting like they do to Argentina and Paraguay now. The cocaine cowboys really have screwed up the world.

The last time I went to OZ the cabin staff walked through spraying some mean aerosol insecticide to kill the hitch hikers. A number of people have sued for the pesticide exposure and lost I think.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

KB,
They aren't????????

Now you tell me.

Last edited by Brian; 11/02/09 09:49 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian:
I'm not sure what your above post means??
Jim

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.