What if I posted that I'll also shoot on sight any PETA or Greenpeacers that try to interfere with my legal right to: (1) own and bear firearms, including my CCW? (2) Harrass me or my hunting buddies while afield in the legal seasons? We had some antis protesting a live (until released and airborne) anyway, pigeon tower shoot- the owner of the private property had the DNR numbnutz out- tried to close him down (sound like the Philadelphia Gun Club and their anti-pigeon shooting protesters) and he filed suit and won, and also got a restraining order against these *&^%%$# do-gooders.

I won't harm a hawk ever- they are brother hunters, and even back before they were protected, they would have been safe as houses around me-and they prey on vermin and snakes, NOT game bird nests as do crows, magpies and the afore-mentioned four footed fur bearing varmints--

As for the possible "Rednecked" supper table fare- I can't imagine eating a cooked hawk- reminds me of what Jim Rikhoff once said to his dinner hostess, who had tried to cook venison and ruined it- "Well, Jim, what does that taste like? she asked him. Old Jimbo, cut from the same Country Cloth as perhaps Terry Bradshaw, replied: "About like boiled owl!""

The antis that patrol our site here won't make the fine point of distinction that when this fot was taken, hawks were legal to kill. Instead, that foto could have been fuel for the anti-gun owning fires they are a kindlin'- and like a good dose of the clap, they will never ever stop or quit or go away. I have no "membership" decals except my DU on my truck or jeep- and when driving to a hunting club or private farm on public roads during the Fall, I never wear camo or orange caps or anything that might evidence that I am about to visit Ma nature and shoot some of her wildlife-keep a low profile says I--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..