September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Der Ami, CJ Dawe, J.B.Patton, Birdog, bushveld, 3 invisible), 249 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,884
Posts550,433
Members14,454
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's relief...though you might've blew your self up with that old clunker.

Sidelock
Sidelock

j0ey, sufferin' those "best" gun blues again - are you?
Take that old 10b Scott out today, and shoot-up some car batteries at the "club."
It'll make you feel better!

Last edited by Lowell Glenthorne; 12/31/06 10:12 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Our machines at MSSA won't throw car batteries. if you come you may have to bring your own...I'll throw them for you.

Did I mention that we have a really nice CowBoy Action range for guys with SBS....(short barrel syndrome)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just a couple of points. I knew Fred's wife was not coming onto this thread. I have been to the "hospital" many times when the going gets tough. Second, it is impossible, as one poster tried to make us believe, to determine that a gun has "fluid steel, not Damascus" barrels from a picture. Third, it is much easier to determine that this gun is a 16 gauge by inserting a 16 gauge shell. Inserting and picturing a 20 gauge shell in the gun proves nothing. Fourth, I am astounded that Larry, as a recognized gun writer, has never been invited to "Remington Farms", which is not in Ohio, Illinois, or Delaware, but in Maryland. Larry must have written a bad review on a Model 31 back in his younger days!

Last edited by eightbore; 12/31/06 11:35 AM.

Eightbore, I'm not sure if you're referring to my post when you say "it's impossible, as one poster tried to make us believe, to determine that a gun has fluid steel, not Damascus barrels by a picture." If you were referring to my post, you either misread it or misunderstood it.

I wasn't referring to any picture, I was referring to the Remington Model 1900 that I own. Its barrels are marked as Damascus, but Doug Turnbull tested them and verified that is indeed not the case.

DeWayne

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was indeed a DuPont/Remington operation in Wilmington Del. I agree with Bill's comment as to the probability of Remington holding 88 Buckeye game wardens in such high esteem.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

DeWayne, I must confess I probably did not pay close enough attention to your post. I will reread. Jack, the Dupont facility in Delaware that you mention was probably the old Dupont Skeet Club, now relocated to Millington, MD and no longer a Dupont facility. The "Remington Farms" facility is near Chestertown, MD and was a conservation and VIP hunting facility, owned by Dupont. It was a hangout of gun writers for an annual show and tell and goose hunting trip put on by Remington Arms. I am still surprised that Larry Brown was not "in the loop" even though he was a young guy when this perk was discontinued.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Eightbore,

I guess you referring to my comment about using a 20 gauge shell. Please re-read my post. You will see that I recommend mic'ing the chambers. If he does not have access to a mic, checking the fit of a 20 gauge shell in what he believes is a 20 gauge gun does not seem out of line.

I am amazed that through all this no one else is asking about serial numbers. They could settle a lot of questions very quickly.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller, I never made it to Nilo Farms either. Didn't start writing for any of the "national" mags until the early 80's, and I haven't reviewed a whole lot of new guns--and all the ones I have reviewed have been doubles, either sxs or OU. I was part of the gaggle of outdoor writers involved in testing the Cynergy, up in SD.

There are some outdoor writers who will take any trip tossed their way. I got invited on a waterfowl deal once, and that was even after I explained to the people organizing the outing that I don't write about waterfowl. If someone said, "Hey, come test out our new pump (or autoloader)," I'd tell them I don't do pumps or autoloaders.

But thanks for the correction on Remington Farms. Thought I recalled they had something on the E. Coast somewhere.

Well I'm weighing in way too late here, I understand. Those are either some mighty little hands or mighty big 20 gage chambers. I'm thinking that's a refinished 12 gage, but the only stumbling block I have is that the barrel stamping doesn't look familiar to me. Mine's in storage at my brother's house so I have to wait to look. Either way, some of you jumped on him WAY too hard....unless you were born knowing unlike me. I began on this site with a question about my Drillings and received a wealth of knowledge, let's afford this guy the same courtesy. Regardless of what it is in origin, these are EXCELLENT in handling and function. And Winny XLite target works fine as long as a GUNSMITH gives you the green light first. Best Wishes to All!

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.