September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Acosta9204, graybeardtmm3, Southern Sport, Karl Graebner, 2 invisible), 233 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,896
Posts550,553
Members14,458
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have actually driven through Remington Farms and viewed the enormous goose ponds. However, I have never been in the buildings or taken the tour they used to offer. Now that Remington and Dupont are sleeping in separate beds, the name of the facility has been changed, I assume, and who knows whether Dupont puts it to good use of whether it has been liquidated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, can we conclude that this was a prank ?

Or was this gentleman the target of a prank ?

Last edited by postoak; 01/27/07 01:56 PM.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Will we ever know who the prankster was? I think we were very fair and gentle with this post. Someone did blow the whistle on the first page and yet the post went on forever and provided some great asides. Good post! David

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunted at Remington farms in the late 50's, early 60's. My Dad had a senior job at DuPont, and was put on the Remington Board as Dupont's representative. He weaseled a couple of invitations for me to shoot there. Goose hunting was spectatular. If you were the lucky one on a given day, you got to shoot over "the Feathers" - a spread of actual taxidermied(?) geese.

DuPont also used to have a skeet/trap club in Newark, Delaware which was just an employee club - similar to the golf club. Althought I was never there, I understand they also had a fancy club called Lordship which I believe was in Conn.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lowell Glenthorne
Nothing like the experts sitting down for a crow supper - eh lads! Who wants seconds?
Now this gun could fall from the sky, and owd Lowell wouldn't know the difference - but youz guys.

crOw pie.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Tell you what, guys. After some thought, I'm going to call bullsh*t on this one til further notice.
JR

Like I said...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunted Remington Farms three times. Pays to have freinds in low places. They had a blind that was covered with mirrors that was susposed to be extremely good on cloudy days. Never got to hunt out of it but did see it, from a far, back in the late 50's or early 60's. I was a lot younger then, as most of us were. Great spot to hunt but I seen others just as good.

Remington's farm was managed to promote hunting and the profit/loss was not important to them. In fact they were able to make money off a farm that loss money on paper which none of us could ever do. One year I think you could say that they had picked the corn crosswise, against the rows. Lots of knocke down corn and geese by the thousands. Never get away with that these days but times were different back then. Game wardens were less strick about what could be done.

This has been a fun thread but I never saw the most important question asked or answered of why on earth would Remington make such a gun in the first place? They had no plant in Ohio, no great market in Ohio that they need to secure, no great love for game wardens in Ohio, no interest in impressing a small group of game wardens three states away from their prime hunting spot. If anything the donation of such a gun would have pissed off Maryland game wardens which they were not inclined to do.

Whole concept of this gun being made, when it was alledged to have been made, is silly. You have been had by this poster. Good for him as we all need our BS detector checked once in a while. Consider your self checked.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.