Bob,
As a friend of long standing, forever SSM suscriber, SXS collector/hunter, I would advise you,
and the Texas gentleman/lawyer to prepare and present to the author, Doug Tate, information, (photos,
documents, etc.) necessary to enable Doug to properly expand upon the article in question. I have personally
inspected two of the (3) omitted 16 ga. Holland & Holland-style Sidelock guns in question, and feel that your logic with reference to misstatements and facts omitted in the article appear legitimate.

Furthermore, several years ago, Doug Tate wrote an article about John Dickson trigger plate (round) action guns that initially omitted mention of a rare pair of "sideplated" Dickson 12 ga. triggerplate action guns. However, Doug later/or sequentially "added" a brief article, with photo, describing this rare pair of guns. At one time, I owned gun number 2 of this pair, and at an SCI event was fortunate to have had it inspected by Dickson's CEO. The CEO was very excited to know that these two guns existed, as their serial numbers had been left blank in the original factory records. Doug Tate was very helpful to me in my quest for information on this gun, in fact, he personally set up the above mentioned interview/inspection with Dickson's CEO.

Good luck with this, Bob. What's right is right!!

Buckwheat

Last edited by Buckwheat; 02/10/10 11:28 PM. Reason: punctuation