September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Roundsworth, SKB, Karl Graebner, Argo44, buckstix, 1 invisible), 464 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,879
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't it a shame that the gov't has been unable to provide all of us with a comprehensibe set of FFL instructions? There have been few topics which have resulted in so many internet threads

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs
Isn't it a shame that the gov't has been unable to provide all of us with a comprehensibe set of FFL instructions? There have been few topics which have resulted in so many internet threads

you mean like the health care bill?

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tom Findrick
elementary teachers were off the list as well; too bossy.

it's funny you should mention THAT because....i better shut up while i'm ahead.

it's not so much the fedgov can't write comprehensible regulations (which they can't) as it is dealers have lots of their own little policies. i'm actually OK with that. free country, free enterprise, i'm free to go somewhere else, etc. i've had several arguments with receiving dealers who wouldn't accept firearms from individuals at all. i asked one "you do realize this is not required by the ATF that you receive only from dealers?" "oh yeah, we know it's not law. it's just our policy." the last thing we need is even more government meddling telling people how to run their own businesses. survival of the fittest will take over and deal with those who shouldn't survive.

roger

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just ship FFL to FFL. That way it's out of your hands.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Just ship FFL to FFL. That way it's out of your hands.

That just increases the cost of the transaction for no good reason. I know some really good FFL's, but I have also tried to deal with a bunch of others who are dumb as a bag of rocks. Even if the regs were easily understood, some of these guys would just not get it. As in any business, half of them are dumber than average.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever the FFL wants should be decided before the gun is shipped to him. I'd advise anyone that's going to be buying over the internet to work out a standing deal with an FFL ahead of time so no one is surprised.

Right now Mr. Carr has fulfilled his responsibilities The buyer has to work it out with the FFL if Mr. Carr doesn't wish to reveal his info, which he has every right not to do.

Better yet, get a C&R.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
Whatever the FFL wants should be decided before the gun is shipped to him. I'd advise anyone that's going to be buying over the internet to work out a standing deal with an FFL ahead of time so no one is surprised.

Right now Mr. Carr has fulfilled his responsibilities The buyer has to work it out with the FFL if Mr. Carr doesn't wish to reveal his info, which he has every right not to do.

Better yet, get a C&R.

could not have said it better Rob!

That dealer has already booked the gun in,whats he going to do send it back?

For most of us the C&R is a great investment (besides gold of course!)
No need for a FFL on the seller end but comes in handy when you buy.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's the other half of the problem, and why I don't like to receive from non-FFL's. He CAN'T send it back!
Rob is right on!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Phillip Carr
I am hoping someone can answer this question, or refer me to where I can find this information. I sold a rifle on Gunbroker. I recieved a copy of the buyers FFL, and shipped the gun. I was told today that the buyer could not recieve the gun from the FFL because I had not sent a copy of my drivers license. I am reluctant to do this as my Drivers license has my Name address, SSN, DOB etc on it. The gun was shipped to Montna.Is this a state or federal requiremnt? Thanks for any help.
Phil

The FFL holder is wrong! There is also no ATF requirement that the shipper/seller have or needs to go through an FFL, on the sending end. The FFL is necessary on the receiving end, to make the transfer of ownership to the new owner and do the background check on HIM. Here, in Utah, as CCW holders, we do not need background checks and are only charged a small fee, set by the FFL. Some gunsmiths locally, do not even charge me anything. Kelifornya really sticks it to their customers. Many FFL holders are embarassing ignorant of the laws they are charging you to know. Some others are likely just greedy and make up rules to suck some extra income from you. The answers are found here: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/ Happy to say, all the actual rules make sense, considering what they are trying to accomplish. Rare, in government organizations. I had a very nice chat with two ATF agents at our SG gun show, Sunday. Very nice guys, gave me a new C&R booklet and answered my questions very well.
Please look at the ATF FAQs. You got several wrong answers on this thread.
Welcome to the board,

Last edited by Jim Legg; 02/16/10 08:44 PM.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tudurgs

The government should give everybody a set of regulations? You can't be serious!!(John McEnroe) How many booklet recipients do you think would still come here, instead of reading the booklets. The questions are all answered on the ATF FAQs.
No, it's not a shame.

> Jim Legg <

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.