In 1994 my wife went to London for two weeks active duty with the Navy Reserve. I asked here if she could visit Holland and Holland and Purdey's for me. Along with her studying for the fleet wide exam and playing tourist, she was able to visit both of these institutions. She told me the personnel at both establishments were extremely courteous and helpful to her. They helped her find a book on each of them that she bought for me and then gave her directions to the other establishment. She came away definitely impressed. It says a lot for the English. Pity the people at CSMC couldn't take a lesson in manners and courtesy. I hate when people, especially those in sales, act like that. I have walked out of stores because the sales personnel were rude. Told the management. Some of them could have cared less. There used to be a gunshop in Woodbridge, Va. around 1984 and 1985 called B&B Guns. I used to go in there, occasionally, and the guy behind the counter was downright rude. Walked out and told him where he could put the sun. later on, he ended up working for National Pawnbrokers in Arlington, Va. He hadn't changed. I heard he finally left.

Colin L. Kendall