Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
I don't know much of anyone on this Forum and I don't care what you or anyone else sells there stuff for, what upset me was the "method" that this guy used, he's trying to milk a $ 1000.00 out of this action then has the nerve to tell us he, never mind, it will take to much typing to expolain it.

SHD said it best, it's the "greed factor", I guess the "greed factor" of the "Purveyor" has kicked in. I agree, he can sell what he wants at any price he wants. I only hope others can see that this guy is not helping the Sport by milking all he can out of the members.
S T

Vol423 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was only interested in a technical discourse on the merits of the AGC action. It was easier to put photos on GB than to post them here, as I didn't bother to set up a photobucket account. However, I am amazed at the pettiness of supposed "adults" and surprised at some people sniffing at the concept of my making a profit while themselves being the epitome of "gouging" at the prices they charge for their wares. They have diminished themselves. Pity. It has been amusing to stir up the herd, but I tire of it.

Vol423: Chemical Engineer, MBA, Retired Army Chemical Officer, Gentleman Farmer, Multimillionaire

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Vol423
AGC will get their quality issues worked out. I didn't pay near $1K for the action but right now it's a seller's market. The price will come down as the quantities available go up. You can tell by the squeals whose oxen are getting gored here. AGC represents a real threat to those selling 100 year old actions and to the custom gunmaking crowd. AGC actions will drive the price of old actions down and their complete guns will squeeze out custom makers charging $3K plus.

Thanks Set T.
Exactly the point I was getting at. And Vol confirms it with his tag line about his wealth. The desire to get one over on someone else is amazing. When folks are new to gun purchasing I often warn that gun dealers are just like used car dealers. Some good,some bad and too many gouge.
As for Brent, he just likes to argue. And no, he didn't bid on the action??

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wrote AGC for a price of a pistol grip SST action. They said that the SST is not ready yet but the action is $650.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen,

As I understand it, both the AGC and the C.Sharps made 1885 Browning designed, Winchester made, single shot rifles are all made from castings provided by Shiloh Sharps. The name of the castings company may be different but both Shiloh Sharps and the Casting Co. (Boulder River Foundry) are in the same building. Check out their addresses. Lucinder at Shiloh Sharps will provide you, on application, with a list of castings for the 1885 winchester and a price list. All three designes of set trigger castings are made, and can be supplied, if you have the skills, or a gunsmith, who will finish them off for you.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

An alternative is

http://www.csharpsarms.com/actions.php

But it costs more. Damn greedy bastards.... (that was sarcasm)

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)
=>/

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote from C. Sharps:
"The 1885 receiver frames and all internal parts are machined from solid steel, plate, bars and rod, in accordance with original dimensions and modern machining practices. Receiver frame is heat-treated 8620 steel and intended for use with rimmed cartridges."

It is my understanding the parts will interchange with original Winchester, and they are machined from the appropriate (8620) steel. Again, the knock to me is the octagon top and flat sides.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.