Originally Posted By: SDH-MT

This last being an enlargement of a stylized K and looking like some kind of maker's (barrel) mark?!?

It helps to review/reflect from time to time to see what you didn't know and still don't know. But Robert Schlegelmilch seems to have been a principal in Suhler Waffenfabrik Schlegelmilch & Metzner. And I guess Metzner to be one of Albin, Georg or Max or the possibility exits that he was Albin Georg Max Metzner and there were a couple generations. At any rate Suhler Waffenfabrik Schlegelmilch & Metzner was dissolved in 1901 and Suhler Waffenfabrik Robert Schlegelmilch emerged and existed till 1923. The 2 Louis Kelber forge marks(K in a jagged circle) have to be about the best I've ever viewed, evidently with a large amount of effort in application or very little wear from the tube being profiled/worked. Those are typical forge marks and the "R.S." set of initials, or the other set, completed the firearm. This example looks to be a WWI or possibly post WWI example and hints at the fact that an example with a tube or tubes stamped "R.S." could be valid for Robert Schlegelmilch of Suhler Waffenfabrik Robert Schlegelmilch up till 1923, with a proof date being in 1924 or possibly later.

SDH: I hope it is all right to post these pics on other threads.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse