September
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (JulesW, MattH, shrapnel, Reidy, R Reynolds, 1 invisible), 487 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,934
Posts550,868
Members14,460
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doublenut, just out of curiosity where did you see #57? PM me when you get a chance.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Researcher
They are as confusing as the D.M. Lefever doubles. A while back we were discussing them on one of the sites, and every picture we could come up with of one they looked different -- three pins/screws thru the side, two pins/screws thru the side and no pins/screws thru the side. They did have a solid rib. The first offering of a vent rib I've found was about the second or third year the Remington Autoloading Gun was offered.

Dave, your right, they are confusing. A gentlemen in Ohio purchased #57 last week, not a closet queen and it has been well used. If memory serves me correctly it has the three pin configuration. It is a matted rib gun with 30" barrel. If any of you have pics of other DM SBT guns would love to see them or any other info you would have on them. I laid this gun next to my two Three Barrel Gun Co. Trap Guns for comparison. The TBG SBT guns do not have any pin/screws in the frame. The barrel lug is slightly different, and the DM gun has a roll release on the forend while the TBG SBT's both have a push rod release. Thanks for everyone's comments and would appreciate more.

Dogs On Point!!! - doublenut

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pretty good display of 3 barrel gun Co guns at the MACA show last weekend.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Harry,
Who had the Three Barrel Gun display? What is MACA show? Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maryland Arms Collectors at the Timonium Fairgreounds near Baltimore.

I marveled the guns for quite a while, Royal Gun Co too. One was indicated to have been completed after the last bankruptcy. I'm sorry but I do not remember who had them. He was from Ohio if I recall correctly. Perhaps another attendee will know.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Older gentleman, seemed like a long time collector. I talked to him and believe the items were for sale.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All of his guns were for sale. We talked quite a bit about them. He also had a catalog and some other paperwork. I have his name somewhere, I just need to find it.
I had DM Lefever single trap #6. It was it fairly decent condition. I shot it a few times, and didn't hit many birds. A testiment to my shooting prowess. This gun I believe had the name hand engraved and I think there was a touch of scroll. I don't think I have any photographs of it. Bob says there are 8 listed, I knew of 6 at one time. Not high numbres as I don't imagine many were made.
Chris

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob, Chris,
Do you know if any of these were other than the ultra-plain unadorned $37 guns? We any ordered in a higher grade, which the catalog says was available on request.

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dr. Bob, I have seen a couple with some engraving. Not Optimuslike, though.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chris Schotz
All of his guns were for sale. We talked quite a bit about them. He also had a catalog and some other paperwork. I have his name somewhere, I just need to find it.

Chris,if you come across his name would you shoot me a pm with it. I would be interested in the catalogs and the guns. Thanks - Brett

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.