I know this is going to start a crap storm but this is how some guys treat a woman they figure is ignorant of gun values and guns in general.

I will not name names or places or the actual gun, serves no purpose. She has no reason to make it up.

I was at a show this weekend. Spoke with a person who was at a big show recently with a mid letter grade American double, (not a Fox). They had the eyes and ears of one of the inner circle of a nationaly known collectors group . Guy spent almost an hour going over the gun. asked price was told "something teen". This was a graded gun, small bore, very nice condition. He offered one teen less. they accepted. he wrote a check for something teen hundred dollars, . The gun to any of this group of collectors would be a given at 5 figures. When she said something teen she was saying something teen thousand. She figured since this guy was a guru of a collectors organization at the show, he would know what she meant. Not mistaking on his part the huge difference in the price versus real value.
I saw the gun. Its worth 5 figures. definitely way more than what he wrote the check out for short one zero on the end.
Looks like one of these guys figured he could swindle this out of a female who they figured didn’t know what she had.

I have no dog in this hunt. just figured i would pass a tale of collectors gone wild so to speak. Good thing she did know her guns. Like she said, "I may be blond, but not that blond"!!!

Okay boys, flame away.

Last edited by Brian; 04/18/10 10:53 PM.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member