Hi Guys:

I posted this topic a couple of years ago and did not get much positve input. Wondering if things have changed

I see lots of tired, heavily worn, cobbled up English boxlock guns that folks are buying. In fact a major English gun dealer told me that they are sending stuff to the US as they can not sell these beaters in UK. Also a major gunsmith here in the US say these are great for his business as folks buy them and then have to correct the problems.

My original post of 2 years ago was this:

I would take nice well cared for guns and have them gone through, and restored to as new condition. The work would be done correct, and proper by professionals, both here and abroad.

The items that could be included would be some of the following

Strip/clean
Repair or replace any worn parts and springs that my be over the hill

Pick up engraving
Refinish stock/forearm and renew checkering
Reblacken bbls
Redo receiver
any other work that needed to be done in order to make these guns right!

1. Here is the thing. These would be a gun that when purchased would be a gun that had no issues that you had to correct, a gun that you would have confidence in as they have been renewed to proper specifications
You could be proud to show it
2. And nothing needs to be done to it and would last the rest of your like with proper care.

3. Maybe even case them up in a nice case and label

These would not be cheap guns, but considering the quality work involved, still a bargain at below new replacement cost and value.

I would give a 1 year warranty!

What do you think?

Best

John Boyd
Quality Arms

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971