My guns usually sell fairly quickly. I can't recall having to list a gun more than twice... usually its gone the first time. When I see guns that have been re-listed for over a year, I don't even pay them any attention. Generally the seller is wanting too much and isn't willing to come down so I don't care to try to make a deal... unless its a really special gun. I too hate reserves. I think they scare people. I have always listed the gun for whatever price I wanted with no reserve and it usually works out okay. I may try a penny auction one day. I like them as a buyer... not so much as a seller.

Palunc, as for the AYA #56, it sold for a good price but it also had the most undesirable configuration possible... but it was a 20ga. It had a single trigger, vent rib, semi-beavertail forend, pistol grip, etc. Had it a more traditional set up, I would have kept it. The quality of the finish work was very high with very nice rose & scroll engraving, checkering, drop points, wood, etc (same level of finish as the AYA #1) A dealer would have probably tried to get $5000-$6000 for it. Had it a more tradtional configuration, a dealer would probably try for $8000 or more.