Steven, you wrote:
"Bob,
Hire me to photograph them and I'll do my very best to get them published.
You must also have a well written, good story, but magazines run on quality photography."

Steven, Let me understand this.
The Shooting Sportsman Magazine article reports the 17 finished Holland & Holland Sidelocks that their advertiser acquired, completely leaving out, ignoring the other three finished 16's that were part of the same collection, but acquired by private parties above all of the other available 12 gauge guns that their advertiser eventually acquired. The magazine was made aware; they do not want to correct their omission or tell the whole truth, saying they don't feel their readers would be interested.

You say: "I" should hire you? "I" would need a well written good story?

Is there something, anything at all "proper" about that? Was I asleep in my Journalistic Ethics class the day that concept was discussed?

I am sorry, but I am of another opinion; that being that a Magazine such as Shooting Sportsman, has, by unwritten agreement with their readers and advertisers, a responsibility, a basic, easy to understand fundamental responsibility to put forth fully truthful, fully complete, information.

Please, don't get me wrong for a minute, for I can write a well-written good story, especially with some help if and where I might need it, and, I can afford to hire someone very good, such as yourself to do the photography.

But also, please don't try to pretend that you don't also understand my point that it is the responsibility of Shooting Sportsman to do.

It is their responsibility to their advertisers who surely expect honest, completely truthful information be provided to their readers so that those people, the you and I's who read their articles expecting that they will be factual, complete, completely factual, so that they continue to buy, and subscribe. It is their responsibility to their readers and subscribers. And, if you think about it, is it not their responsibility also to the gunmakers themselves; the craftsman who hour by hour plied their trade producing the very items that we hold so dear and makes the magazine possible at all.