I understand the out of period refinish job. Most refinished doubles suffer from the same lack of standards in recreating a proper refinish. Shiny looks good to some, even when it was never original to the gun. Too many doubles have been hot dipped to make them shiny. I was looking at the gun as foundation for a custom gun. It has zero collectors value now and little as a custom gun project. The 3" chambers worry me more than the shiny finish. Safety first.

Problem is the 3" chambers may be a major mistake waiting to happen. Worse to me is the fact that 3" 20 kick like a mule. Why bother? Who ever buys this gun better measure the chamber areas extensively before they shoot it. I worry about how much metal remains. See the Baker post about thin chamber areas. Thin is not safe and 3" 20 shells are much higher pressure than those 12 shells that caused the Baker to fail. The 3" 20 is one of the least needed improvements in shotgun history. That project should have died on the drawing board.