Originally Posted By: mike campbell
Originally Posted By: tut
I've got a Fox SW with a ejector beavertail forearm and it also has graded forearm metal on it.

Do you mean the escutcheon or the iron? Other than engraving (is that it?), what constitutes "graded" forearm metal?

"Restoration" is out of the question. As project fodder, any irregularities with the wood are merely bargaining chips. As in, you keep the wood, I'll give you $1500 for the metal.

Morning Mike, I'm going by what someone on the Fox Collectors forum said when I posted pictures of my Beavertail forearm off my newest purchase over on the Fox Collectors Forum. So, I went back and looked to see what he was talking about. Anyway, if you take a look at the standard metal (iron) on a that forearm where it meets the wood you will see where is is nicely shaped and curves around to follow the curves where it meets the receiver. A standard Fox Sterlingworth forearm's metal doesn't do that. Here's a couple of pics. First is my beavertail forearm:

The second is a standard SW forearm off my 16 gauge SW:

Anyway, according to some the Graded guns forearm metal was different on then that put on a SW. Hope all of that makes sense. PS. And I could be full of mud as well. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Last edited by tut; 08/03/10 01:57 PM.

foxes rule