Hi folks, forgive me in advance, but I'm new to this muzzle loading shenanigans. I've restored my super little Westley Ricards and now want to fire it. I have my black powder licence and have purchased some swiss number 3 powder.

Now, I'm not entirely sure what goes where...I've been sold two difference sized card discs as well as fibre wads and shot as well as the powder of course.

I attach picture 1!

Forgive my amateur artwork. The powder is first down the barrel. Then the wad, then the shot, then what? One of those two cards? Why have I been sold two card types one thicker than the other?

That's my first question...is the order correct or am I doing something wrong?

Second question!

I've got both a powder flask AND a powder measuring tool to fill philes. The flask has options from 2 1/2 to 3 1/4 drams. But the measuring tool has somethin from what appears to be 01 to 120!! Pictures below.

Both in this picture;

Powder Flask;

...and Powder tool;

I've heard but wanted to verify that I should just use 2 1/2 drams to start with and see how that goes. Does anyone concur? Also what are the measurements on the tool with the sliding adjuster going to 120 (what measurement is that?).

FINALLY!

How much shot would people recommend I think I have a shot flask that has 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 of something as options...is that drams too?

Thanks so much in advance for any answers!

Regards,

Tony