I really enjoy going to THE RENDEZVOUS in Memphis when I'm after ducks just across the rivvah' in Arkansas. Make reservations, and ask to be waited on by 'Big Jack", if possible. He's the real deal. Finest dry rub ribs I've ever eaten.

Just south of there, in Tunica, THE place to eat breakfast before heading to the blind is the BLUE AND WHITE RESTAURANT, the very same place duck hunters have eaten since Nash Buckingham ate there many decades ago. They have a closed circuit TV screen piped in from a duck blind showing live action.

If you come shoot doves with me, Ms. Jean just may treat you to her own skillet dove breasts (au jus), with green pepper, onion and fresh mushrooms, sauteed together and finished by adding red wine to the skillet and covering for 5 more minutes to simmer. Best doves I've ever eaten, period. Or, if it's a Thur., Fri. or Sat. we can lunch at THE PORK PLACE in a little town just up the road from me, excellent chipped and sliced BBQ, ribs and chicken. All pit cooked before day, that day. Oh, and fresh made coconut pie that must have at least a half a stick of real butter in every slice.

Stan

May God bless America and those who defend her.