May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (smlekid, Jimmy W, Jtplumb, gold40, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 235 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,554
Posts546,266
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

KK - Per B999, yes, that is what I meant.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

And so where can one purchase Dig's book? Safari Press? Perhaps Gunnerman's?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why not just buy it from Dig himself & ask him to autograph it for you. He posts on here as "smallbore" His web site is www.vintageguns.co.uk

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With everything Dig is busy with currently I'd feel a bit foolish asking him to take time out, autograph a book, send it overseas after he received payment,then trot off to the bank to get the currency exchanged. Actually, I'd feel foolish AND presumptuous.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Krakow Kid
With everything Dig is busy with currently I'd feel a bit foolish asking him to take time out, autograph a book, send it overseas after he received payment,then trot off to the bank to get the currency exchanged. Actually, I'd feel foolish AND presumptuous.

You can feel that way if you wish, however, I'd bet he'd do it --- and right gladly (he is that kind of guy).

There is some reference to Purdey and some photos. What is more important, there is a wealth of knowledge over a broad spectrum of vintage guns and shooting; the sort of things anyone interested in Brit guns needs to know. Purdeys are an interesting subject, but I think they are best studied from a good base of knowledge.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rocketman is right. Dig is a good ol' boy and would be happy to sell you a book and autograph it for you. I've never met an author yet who was too busy to sell one his books and sign it. Just e-mail & ask him. Doing it that way you will get the British Edition and not the American one, which to me is preferable.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

The last time I took an overseas check for a book it was a pain in the ass, I lost my ass, and I thought the fellow a presumptuous ass for thinking he could just send it and I'd respond!!
Email for contact, PayPal for overseas payments, with plenty for postage...
I'm sure he will think you a thoughtfull fellow!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll send you a book, glad to sign it and you can give me a fistful of dollars (cents?) when I next find an excuse to get to the USA.

Just e-mail me with your address I'll get it posted tomorrow.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a wonderful gesture by Diggory.
Not many of your sort left around today Dig.

I know you will respond in a gentlemanly manner, but would you be so kind as to send me a signed Stephen Grant sidelever hammer gun???????? Pleeeeeeeeease. I will pay with my redundancy money that I get from the MoD.
Incidentally while we are on the subject, would any of you Yanks like to park your Aeroplanes on our Airforce less Aircraft carriers?
I'll bet Al Queda vote Conservative from now on.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeh Dig, how about sending me one?? :>)
What a guy!

Last edited by SDH-MT; 10/20/10 05:18 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.